Ryan Rey Tackett
Michigan State University, College of Arts and Letters – May 2009
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Studio Art – With Honor
Michigan State University, College of Communication Arts – May 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Telecommunications, Information Studies and Media – With Honor
- Interdisciplinary Specialization in Digital Game Design
Comic Artist / Webmaster, Double Clicked Comics – July 2009 – Present
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a thrice-weekly webcomic website.
- Responsible for publishing books and selling products at conventions and online.
Graphic Artist, MSU MIND Lab – October 2008 – April 2009
- Responsible for designing a user interface and creating 2D/3D art assets for Nightlife, a health communications game in association with the Center for Disease Control and University of Connecticut.
Research Aide, Michigan State University – January 2009 – May 2009
- Responsible for assisting professor Dan Marsh in the creation of his animated short “The Open”.
- Participated in programming of a custom Maya plug-in for use in creating characters for the animated short.
- Worked with Mass Animation and ReelFX to animate three shots for the animated “Live Music” short that was released theatrically with “Planet 51”
- Grand prize winner of the first Mass Animation competition.
- Illustrated various weaponry for the Desolation Post-Apocalyptic Role Playing Game.
Daegu Pockets Magazine (Korea)
- Created illustrations and informational graphics for multiple issues of the magazine.
- Worked with Tiger & Bear to illustrate a comic that was featured in both the magazine and the Korea Harold.
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Autodesk Maya, Torque Game Engine, WordPress,
HTML, CSS, MEL, Python